The following is a list of useful links for understanding the role of validators, as well as how to set one up, and how to secure.
- Validator Setup and FAQ - A doc in the Cosmos GitHub.
- Validator Security - A reference for validator security. Aim is to make it generic with specifics for the top PoS networks.
- Validator Operations Guide - A guide to running a validator node with some specifics for Cosmos.
- Security hardening guides - CI Security guides. Hardening guides for any OS.
- Lynis - Security auditing tool for Linux
- CIS CAT - Security auditing tool (multi platform)
- Linux auditing - Ed’s repo for performing a simple Linux audit (includes scripts)
- Validator Central - A chat channel on Riot. Network agnostic.